Sustainable Health and Care Forum - 21 November 2018. Supported by Centrica plc
The Sustainable Health and Care Forum is the only sector wide conference and exhibition for sustainability in health – bringing together thought leaders, professionals and experts driving the transformation to a sustainable NHS and health sector.
Hear about and discuss how national strategies, new policies, and emerging thinking are delivering triple bottom line benefits of sustainable development. Understand how meeting environmental targets and implementing best practice will maximise environmental, social and financial value.
Learn how sustainability and social value are increasingly part of integration and collaboration in the development of Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) and Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
Conference and exhibition: 10:30 - 17:00 (coffee and networking from 10am)
Gala dinner and awards: 19:30 - 00:00
Location: Edgbaston Cricket Club
Public sector organisation - conference only - £99.00 + VAT
Non public sector - conference only - £399.00 + VAT
Dinner and awards - £49.00 + VAT
The conference will have plenaries and workshops on topics such as:
- Efficiency and savings from the Carter review recommendations, regulatory requirements and levers.
- Unlocking the economic and social value of the NHS.
- New ways of delivering services in collaboration with local communities.
- Air pollution, carbon emissions and tackling negative impacts to help improve health.
- Embedding sustainability within financial decision-making processes.
- Opportunities to boost local growth and support communities.
- Utilising green space to improve health.
- Understanding the wider determinants of health and the environment.
Speakers (plus more to be confirmed):
- David Rhodes, Director of Environmental Public Health, Public Health England
- Jan Sobieraj, Chief Executive, United Lincolnshire Hospitals and Chair National Centre for Rural Health and Care in Lincoln
- Alexandra Hammond, Associate Director Sustainability, Essentia
- Robin Tuddenham, Chief Executive at Calderdale Council
- Michael Wood, Local Growth Advisor, NHS Confederation
- NHS Improvement (speaker to be confirmed)
- Samantha Kennedy, Deputy Director, Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (invited)
- Health Finance Managers Association (invited)
The conference is designed for:
- Organisational leaders, execs and NEDs
- Directors and heads-of across areas including finance, estates, procurement and commissioning
- Professionals from areas of sustainability, environment and facilities
- Public health and health and wellbeing professionals
- Commissioners and service delivery design professionals with an interest in social value
- Clinicians, health professionals with an interest in sustainability
It’s time to celebrate – Sustainable Health and Care Awards
At the end of the conference we will be celebrating the fantastic achievements and progress in sustainable development from across the public sector at the Gala dinner and awards.
Bookings are now open.
Exhibition and sponsorship
The conference and exhibition is the perfect place to showcase your products and services to the health and care sector. There are a number of ways in which to get involved as a supporter. Please download the supporter pack to find out more about exhibiting and sponsorship.
You can also sponsor an awards category - details of how can also be found in the supporter pack.